What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in New Haven?
Protecting your home against common risks like break-ins and fire is the primary goal of any home security system. You can accomplish this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the newest innovations, a wireless smart home is your top option. With a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your entryways or view live clips from your phone? A wireless smart home gives you a measure of control and access you’ve never seen before. You can remotely inspect or adjust any system components, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it may also reach you. If a device is activated, an update will be sent instantly to your smartphone app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, no matter where you are.
● Flexibility and scalability: Unlike wired devices, you can place wireless alternatives just about anyplace. Want to have an indoor camera on your desktop or in your kid’s bedroom? You got it! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in New Haven have proven dependable and beneficial, there are a few potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You may need to change batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of an interruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will inform you when battery life is dwindling and usually last for years without needing a new battery.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you are able to place wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This isn’t a problem in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the distance before moving forward.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Similar to other computer networks, the potential of hacking is there. But you can significantly minimize this risk by incorporating strong passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in New Haven today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll appreciate having access to your New Haven security system from any location. Reach out to (203) 625-1716 to begin.