What should you do if your New Haven home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family members – against the many risks you may face, like theft, flooding, and fire. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your New Haven home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be jarring, bewildering, and might incite panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and abide by these easy tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In New Haven Triggers
It’s a scenario no resident wants to be in, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency alone and let your monitoring professionals and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and getting them out of danger. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might involve moving to a designated safe zone as far away from access points as possible. Chances are your alarm may have frightened away the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to leave your home without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. These days, the majority of people take their smartphones at all times, but you might fail to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and get notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in New Haven goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will act immediately. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by depends on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is sent out. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these steps to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you through the central command panel. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, local law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Assistance will still be deployed even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in New Haven
Be prepared for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in New Haven from Vivint. Dial (203) 625-1716 to start customizing your home’s protection today.